New lights

Part of the renovation, as result of our decision to "age in place", was buying and replacing lights.
The bathroom, because it had been gutted etc, seemed to deserve "good" lights. I shopped online and in local lighting stores and was blown away by the high prices and the random quality.
We were planning on 9 new lights or light/ceiling fan combinations.  At $300 or higher for each, I was hesitant to spend so much at this point. 
The big box stores, like Home depot and Lowe's, carry a decent variety of lights and at a much lower price.  So, I bought 4 low-profile ceiling fans, 4 low-profile ceiling lights of different sizes, a light fixture over the mirror in the bathroom and a screw-in light for the garage - all for a price that fit the budget and they look pretty good and updated!
If I hate them in a few years, they can be replaced!




This one is Arie’s “new” study! It’s a small one.

This is a large light in the front hall.

This is another fan/light in the small bedroom!

This is in the hallway and is a smaller version of the one by the front door.


Bathroom light above the vanity

A smaller light and fan in bathroom.

In the kitchen.  Small but oh so bright!

A large fan/light in the kitchen… so quiet!

A very bright light for the garage - best thing it screws into the light bulb socket.

























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy day in the kitchen with Cook's Illustrated

Superbowl 50