Fall colors - Sept 23, 2026

My friend was very surprised to see a large hardy begonia blooming in my front yard. It's a surprise every fall since it is hidden away under a large hosta.

I also have one in the backyard that is larger and more showy than the one in the front.


Seeing those made me wonder what else was still in bloom.

There are various Autumn Joy sedum scattered around the yard!
 

Liriope always bloom late.
This is a variegated liriope with purple flowers

A  green variety with white flowers.

Purple turtlehead - a Michigan native.

Russian sage that I hope spreads in the front yard because the deer do not like it.
The Japanese anenome looked awesome dancing in the breeze.
There is a light purple one...
..... and a white one.

Rose of Sharon also comes in mauve and white.


I also found one lone day lily in bloom.

There are more…it's been cool the last few weeks so maybe that's why the blooming plants are still doing well.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy day in the kitchen with Cook's Illustrated

Superbowl 50