Morning Chores

H

July is daylily month. This year it continues to be spectacular. The colors and variety continue to amaze. I had forgotten why I planted so many over the years since I never saw them ALL because the deer always ate many of the buds. 



Daylilies can get a bit messy...especially the larger ones. They only bloom for one day and as such, yesterday’s blooms close and die.  It looks pretty “yucky”.  I like to clean them up so my self-imposed chore almost every morning is cutting off yesterday’s blooms. They either get dropped beside the plant amidst all the foliage or into a bucket. It doesn’t take long to improve my vista from the kitchen- it is amazing. 
My walk around the yard also lets me see if there are any new plants in bloom. I have 5 plants that have not shown their colors yet.

This morning there were two new ones! 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Busy day in the kitchen with Cook's Illustrated

Superbowl 50