EEK! a mouse??

Years ago we had a small problem with mice. There was evidence in the basement and sounds coming from the attic. Not the kind of guests one appreciates, right?
We went on a campaign to erradicate the problem...traps, poison in the attic, etc. They were soon gone. 
So why am I bringing this up?? 
I am working on cleaning up the neglected corners of our house. The last few days I worked on the spare bedroom. It's done.
Today I  thought the basement might benefit from a visit. It all started with three ball canning jars that I had found in that bedroom. 
You know that story, right?...If you give a Mouse a Cookie.
I started by organizing the canning jars that were in a bin on top of a few boxes, etc. The canning jars are now in a nice large plastic bin ...without a top mind you, but it will turn up.
The boxes and bags that were snuggling in that corner came next. All was going well as I put all the odds and ends in specifically designated boxes: electrical, painting, plumbing. It was fun finding lost and probably better said misplaced items. 
Anyway, the last box was a box that had not been opened for years. I found papers from Puerto Rico (we left there in 1985) and papers from when I taught middle school and was working on my Masters degree.
 BUT I also found evidence of those afore mentioned mice. They made a big mess in that box nibbling on the edges of all those papers and files...so gross ( and yes. In case you are wondering I  put on gloves).
I did take one picture.   
Apparently, the mice were hungry for the Word!

Comments

Nathania said…
Lol

Popular posts from this blog

Busy day in the kitchen with Cook's Illustrated

Superbowl 50