HOW TO MAKE A DUTCH CAKE





DUTCH CAKE
For special occasions I always make a "dutch" cake with special mocha frosting. I think it's called a Dutch cake because that's what my father called them.  It's an old recipe from the Netherlands where he trained as a baker.
It's a simple sponge cake!


My sister, Louise, fashion a simple frame to sit in a half sheet pan.  It works very well.
Beat egg white with a bit of sugar

Do the same with the yolks and FOLD together.

...until fully incorporated and still fluffy (there's the trick)

Add some flour and a bit of Baking powder and bake!

It always looks so ugly. 
I'll slice it, fill it and  ice it tomorrow  If I can salvage the Bavarian cream I spent hours making this morning.  It is so so stiff. 



Comments

Rose said…
Is there an actual recipe?

Popular posts from this blog

Challenges!

Blogging from the phone...who knew?

I Planned a Vacation!