Busy day in the kitchen with Cook's Illustrated
Just so I don’t forget. This all started with the latest edition of the Cooks Illustrated magazine. It’s a new format and seems to have a new focus. I found myself wanting to prepare a lot of the recipes but I did not have all the ingredients required so I shopped first. Today I stared with Guinness Chocolate Cake. I ended up making two so I could use the entire can of Guinness! One will go in the freezer for a birthday. It was pretty dense. The thick layer of good cream cheese frosting helped. Then I made a small batch of cookies- one bowl, one pan, 12 decent-sized Coffee Toffee cookies! ( Arie really likes them but I am not a fan - not enough coffee). Then on to the sauces and dip for oven-fried chicken wings. ( I was going to make these for Saturday night but I have since discovered that my DIL and grandson only eat the nuggets and my dear son gave me a long argument about fried versus oven-fried chicken. He says oven fried ...

Comments
Ouch!
I'm glad i don't have that problem.
Chris